BELOIT, Wis. - The Beloit Police Department is investigating an armed robbery that happened Wednesday afternoon at a Beloit Check Advance, officials said.
Officials responded to 2692 Cranston Road in Beloit around 1:18 p.m. for a report of an armed robbery.
The robber entered the business, waited a short period of time, and then produced a knife, according to a release. The robber went around the counter and threatened the clerk with the knife.
Police said the robber demanded the clerk give him all the money they had. The suspect left the business with an undetermined amount of money.
The robber is described as a white male with brown hair, according to the release. He was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, blue shorts and tennis shoes. The robber's vehicle is described as an older model red Ford Focus type vehicle.
The robbery remains under investigation.
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands