BELOIT, Wis. - The Beloit Police Department is investigating an armed robbery that happened Wednesday afternoon at a Beloit Check Advance, officials said.
Officials responded to 2692 Cranston Road in Beloit around 1:18 p.m. for a report of an armed robbery.
The robber entered the business, waited a short period of time, and then produced a knife, according to a release. The robber went around the counter and threatened the clerk with the knife.
Police said the robber demanded the clerk give him all the money they had. The suspect left the business with an undetermined amount of money.
The robber is described as a white male with brown hair, according to the release. He was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, blue shorts and tennis shoes. The robber's vehicle is described as an older model red Ford Focus type vehicle.
The robbery remains under investigation.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry