MADISON, Wis. - Two women were robbed at gunpoint on Madison's west side by two men claiming to work for their apartment complex, according to a release.
Two men claimed they were checking lighting for the apartment complex at 1148 Morraine View Drive around 4:18 p.m. Thursday, police said. One of the men was holding a paper so the woman let them in.
Both men pulled out handguns once inside the apartment and demanded money, according to the release.
Officials said the two women were brought into a bedroom and told to lie on the floor.
One woman was punched and suffered minor injuries, according to the release.
The robbers are describes as black men in their 30s and 5 feet 9 inches tall. One of the men weighed 200 pounds and was last seen wearing a black-and-green checkered shirt. The other man is described as having a skinny build and was last seen wearing a yellow striped shirt.Madison crime map
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash