MADISON, Wis. - Two women were robbed at gunpoint on Madison's west side by two men claiming to work for their apartment complex, according to a release.
Two men claimed they were checking lighting for the apartment complex at 1148 Morraine View Drive around 4:18 p.m. Thursday, police said. One of the men was holding a paper so the woman let them in.
Both men pulled out handguns once inside the apartment and demanded money, according to the release.
Officials said the two women were brought into a bedroom and told to lie on the floor.
One woman was punched and suffered minor injuries, according to the release.
The robbers are describes as black men in their 30s and 5 feet 9 inches tall. One of the men weighed 200 pounds and was last seen wearing a black-and-green checkered shirt. The other man is described as having a skinny build and was last seen wearing a yellow striped shirt.Madison crime map
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need