MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said an armed man was arrested after starting a fire and 'acting strangely' in an apartment building.
Officers were called to an apartment in the at 1:16 p.m. on Saturday for a report of a resident who had armed himself with a handgun.
Neighbors within the apartment building told police the man started a small fire in the hallway and covered the peephole on their door with shaving cream. They said that when they wiped off the shaving cream, they saw the man had a gun.
Rondell L. Randolph, 24, of Madison was taken into custody after police made a tactical entry into the building. Officers said a loaded handgun was found in the hallway and a shotgun and ammunition was recovered from Randolph's apartment.
Randolph was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed and negligent handling of burning materials.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says