MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said an armed man was arrested after starting a fire and 'acting strangely' in an apartment building.
Officers were called to an apartment in the at 1:16 p.m. on Saturday for a report of a resident who had armed himself with a handgun.
Neighbors within the apartment building told police the man started a small fire in the hallway and covered the peephole on their door with shaving cream. They said that when they wiped off the shaving cream, they saw the man had a gun.
Rondell L. Randolph, 24, of Madison was taken into custody after police made a tactical entry into the building. Officers said a loaded handgun was found in the hallway and a shotgun and ammunition was recovered from Randolph's apartment.
Randolph was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed and negligent handling of burning materials.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land