MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a lone gunman robbed a 25-year-old man inside the victim's downtown apartment late Tuesday morning.
Police said the robber entered the victim's apartment in the 100 block of East Gilman Street through an unlocked door at about 11:50 a.m. Tuesday.
The victim said the intruder said, "Give me what you got," according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Police said the robber appeared to be seeking cash but left with a laptop computer.
The robber drove away in a white 1990s work van with a small window on each side and rust around the wheel wells.
The victim was not injured.
Police said the robber was described as a black man in his mid to late 30s, standing 6 feet 1 inch to 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighing about 200 to 230 pounds. He was wearing a blue button-down flannel shirt over a dark gray shirt and jeans, police said.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend