MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a lone gunman robbed a 25-year-old man inside the victim's downtown apartment late Tuesday morning.
Police said the robber entered the victim's apartment in the 100 block of East Gilman Street through an unlocked door at about 11:50 a.m. Tuesday.
The victim said the intruder said, "Give me what you got," according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Police said the robber appeared to be seeking cash but left with a laptop computer.
The robber drove away in a white 1990s work van with a small window on each side and rust around the wheel wells.
The victim was not injured.
Police said the robber was described as a black man in his mid to late 30s, standing 6 feet 1 inch to 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighing about 200 to 230 pounds. He was wearing a blue button-down flannel shirt over a dark gray shirt and jeans, police said.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK