MADISON, Wis. - Two Madison men were arrested following a burglary downtown Friday just before midnight.
Kameron Powers, 18, and Andre Hollingsworth, 23, are both in custody on suspicion of two counts of burglary, Madison police said. Powers was also charged with bail jumping and Hollingsworth faces resisting an officer and a probation hold, the report noted.
According to the report, residents on the 500 block of West Mifflin Street interrupted the burglary at 11:50 p.m. Police said the men fled and were apprehended a short distance away.
Some of the items taken were recovered, police said.
Police said one of the men told officers he was involved in another burglary that took place the same evening on the 500 block of West Doty Street.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike