MCFARLAND, Wis. - A 49-year-old faces charges for allegedly driving drunk and crashing into a power pole, causing a partial power outage in McFarland Thursday night, according to a release.
Around 11:35 p.m. McFarland police were dispatched to a single-vehicle crash on Highway 51 at Babcock Park, officials said.
A 49-year-old man was driving a van south on Highway 51 when it left the roadway and hit a fire hydrant and some trees before hitting and breaking off a power pole, according to the release.
The south and west portions of the village were without power for about an hour and a half, police said. The 49-year-old was found to be intoxicated, and was transported to a local hospital for injuries he suffered in the crash.
The driver is being tentatively charged with first-offense operating while intoxicated.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns