MCFARLAND, Wis. - A 49-year-old faces charges for allegedly driving drunk and crashing into a power pole, causing a partial power outage in McFarland Thursday night, according to a release.
Around 11:35 p.m. McFarland police were dispatched to a single-vehicle crash on Highway 51 at Babcock Park, officials said.
A 49-year-old man was driving a van south on Highway 51 when it left the roadway and hit a fire hydrant and some trees before hitting and breaking off a power pole, according to the release.
The south and west portions of the village were without power for about an hour and a half, police said. The 49-year-old was found to be intoxicated, and was transported to a local hospital for injuries he suffered in the crash.
The driver is being tentatively charged with first-offense operating while intoxicated.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral