MCFARLAND, Wis. - A 49-year-old faces charges for allegedly driving drunk and crashing into a power pole, causing a partial power outage in McFarland Thursday night, according to a release.
Around 11:35 p.m. McFarland police were dispatched to a single-vehicle crash on Highway 51 at Babcock Park, officials said.
A 49-year-old man was driving a van south on Highway 51 when it left the roadway and hit a fire hydrant and some trees before hitting and breaking off a power pole, according to the release.
The south and west portions of the village were without power for about an hour and a half, police said. The 49-year-old was found to be intoxicated, and was transported to a local hospital for injuries he suffered in the crash.
The driver is being tentatively charged with first-offense operating while intoxicated.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes