MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said alcohol and a disagreement led to a fight and physical disturbance on Madison's south side April 7.
Police responded to the 500 block of Bram Street near Baird Street around 5:45 p.m. for reports of a robbery, according to a release.
Officers talked with a 56-year-old man who had abrasions and minor injuries about whether he had been attacked, authorities said. The man did not want to answer questions, but witnesses told police they saw the 56-year-old being pushed, punched and kicked on the ground by Noah Carpino, 22, of Madison.
Witnesses did not have details about what happened between the 56-year-old and Carpino that led to the fight, but they believed alcohol and a disagreement contributed to the attack, police said.
Carpino was arrested on tentative charges of disorderly conduct.Madison crime map
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls