MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said alcohol and a disagreement led to a fight and physical disturbance on Madison's south side April 7.
Police responded to the 500 block of Bram Street near Baird Street around 5:45 p.m. for reports of a robbery, according to a release.
Officers talked with a 56-year-old man who had abrasions and minor injuries about whether he had been attacked, authorities said. The man did not want to answer questions, but witnesses told police they saw the 56-year-old being pushed, punched and kicked on the ground by Noah Carpino, 22, of Madison.
Witnesses did not have details about what happened between the 56-year-old and Carpino that led to the fight, but they believed alcohol and a disagreement contributed to the attack, police said.
Carpino was arrested on tentative charges of disorderly conduct.Madison crime map
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street