MILWAUKEE, Wis. - Police say a 4-year-old Milwaukee boy accidentally shot his uncle in the stomach after finding a gun on the floor.
Capt. Jason Smith tells the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel the shooting happened late Monday. He says the uncle told police he was going to a gun range, and that the firearm was on the floor of the house when the child picked it up.
The investigation is continuing.
- Thieves target academic offices in string of textbooks thefts, officials say
- Conservation group reacts after judge allows high-impact uses at Sauk Prairie rec area
- Driver reverses into trooper vehicle during traffic stop, officials say
- Bicyclist injured in crash with semi, Dodge County officials say
- Consumer Reports: Pet-proof your house
- Beloit police officers gear up to wear body cameras in schools