MILWAUKEE, Wis. - Police say a 4-year-old Milwaukee boy accidentally shot his uncle in the stomach after finding a gun on the floor.
Capt. Jason Smith tells the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel the shooting happened late Monday. He says the uncle told police he was going to a gun range, and that the firearm was on the floor of the house when the child picked it up.
The investigation is continuing.
- Man suspected in shooting spree identified
- La Crosse teen saves choking friend
- A look at 4 victims of northern Wisconsin shootings
- CrossFit Games qualifying rounds give Madison taste of championships
- Police chief: Crime in Janesville continues to decrease, heroin remains a problem
- Wisconsin teen is image of hope for children with cardiac failure