MADISON, Wis. - A number of cars were damaged on the city's east side early Thursday morning after three men stole a car and crashed it into several others before running away from the wrecked vehicle, according to Madison police.
The incident happened just after 3 a.m. in the 1400 block of Jenifer Street on the city's near east side.
According to police, officers were sent to Jenifer Street after hearing a report of a large crash in the area.
Witnesses told police they saw three men in white tank tops running from the scene after they abandoned the car. Several vehicles in the 1400 block of Jenifer Street had been struck shortly before the men abandoned the car.
Police discovered the car was registered to a person in the 1400 block of Rutledge Street. Officers learned the owner's spouse left the keys in the vehicle. No injuries were reported.
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors