JANESVILLE, Wis. - Police are reminding residents to lock their vehicles after three people were arrested for stealing from unlocked cars in Janesville early Sunday morning.
Police said officers working on an anti-theft effort were on patrol and found three people walking around the 1200 block of North Grant Avenue at 1:45 a.m. An officer spotted then going into unlocked vehicles.
The three were arrested after short foot pursuits, and police said they found them with small electronics, money, wallets and purses.
Kristopher G. Beeman, 18, and Dalton F. Garrity, 19, were arrested on suspicion of five counts of party to a crime of theft, resisting an officer and underage consumption of alcohol. Victoria J. Rogers, 24, of Janesville, was arrested on suspicion of five counts of party to a crime of theft.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry