Madison police arrested two teenage boys after witnesses say they pulled a real-looking gun from a backpack on a Metro Transit bus last week.
Police say the incident happened Thursday afternoon on Madison's south side. The 13- and 14-year-old middle-school students from Madison were arrested the next day.
A police spokesman says witnesses told the bus driver the teens had pulled a real-looking gun from a backpack and possibly pointed it at others.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports investigators found two BB guns and ammunition at the home of one of the teens.
Police say the boys were tentatively charged with using a facsimile firearm and were taken to the Juvenile Reception Center.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire