Madison police arrested two teenage boys after witnesses say they pulled a real-looking gun from a backpack on a Metro Transit bus last week.
Police say the incident happened Thursday afternoon on Madison's south side. The 13- and 14-year-old middle-school students from Madison were arrested the next day.
A police spokesman says witnesses told the bus driver the teens had pulled a real-looking gun from a backpack and possibly pointed it at others.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports investigators found two BB guns and ammunition at the home of one of the teens.
Police say the boys were tentatively charged with using a facsimile firearm and were taken to the Juvenile Reception Center.
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them