Madison police arrested two teenage boys after witnesses say they pulled a real-looking gun from a backpack on a Metro Transit bus last week.
Police say the incident happened Thursday afternoon on Madison's south side. The 13- and 14-year-old middle-school students from Madison were arrested the next day.
A police spokesman says witnesses told the bus driver the teens had pulled a real-looking gun from a backpack and possibly pointed it at others.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports investigators found two BB guns and ammunition at the home of one of the teens.
Police say the boys were tentatively charged with using a facsimile firearm and were taken to the Juvenile Reception Center.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street