MADISON, Wis. - Two teens were arrested in connection with the beating of two young men that took place in late September, bringing the total number of suspects charged in the case to five.
Police said a 20-year-old and 17-year-old were jumped on West Badger Road Sept. 28 at about 4 p.m. The attack stemmed from an encounter earlier in the day in which police said one of the suspects had attempted to rob one of the victims of cigars.
According to the incident report, the seven involved rode the bus to the South Transfer Point stop, and the beating took place shortly after they got off the bus.
Police say originally three men were arrested in connection with the violence. Devontae Johnson, 17 of Madison; Louis Justice, 17 of Fitchburg, Wis.; and three unnamed 15 year olds were arrested in connection with the incident on a variety of charges.
Johnson is charged with battery and disorderly conduct, Justice with disorderly conduct and bail jumping, and the minors are charged with battery and disorderly conduct, with one additionally charged with strong-armed robbery and party to a crime.
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing