MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a witnesses told them an 18-year-old Madison man was beaten with a baseball bat while leaving a house party early Sunday morning on the city's far west side.
Madison Police responded to the 6300 block of Alison Lane about 1 a.m. Sunday after numerous people called 911 to report men fighting in the street.
Responding officers located a sneaker and drops of blood but found no active fighters, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Later, Madison police were dispatched to an address on Park Heights Court where an 18-year-old battery victim was in the backseat of a car.
One of his friends explained that they had been at a house party on Alison Lane and that the victim was attacked after leaving the gathering, according to the incident report.
The witness told police that his friend was struck twice with a baseball bat: once in the head, and once in the ribs.
He was taken to a hospital with numerous head cuts and a fractured cheekbone. The victim was intoxicated and uncooperative with police, according to the incident report.
The witness told police that his injured friend had been mocking someone at the house party.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash