MADISON, Wis. - Madison Police have arrested a 15-year-old male in connection with a sexual assault on August 4.
According to a report, police arrested the teenager for first degree sexual assault. He was taken in for questioning and will be brought to the Juvenile Reception Center.
Police said he may be charged as an adult.
Madison police said the attack happened at 11 p.m. in the 2200 block of Winnebago Street as the 23-year-old victim was running in the area.
The victim suffered head injuries and was taken to a hospital.
Police credit tipsters with helping them track down the boy.
"Our victim in this case had the presence of mind to provide enough to provide enough of a description to us that we were able to generate a sketch, and after we put that sketch out we did get a number of tips," said Joel DeSpain, Madison Police Public Information officer.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land