MADISON, Wis. - Madison Police have arrested a 15-year-old male in connection with a sexual assault on August 4.
According to a report, police arrested the teenager for first degree sexual assault. He was taken in for questioning and will be brought to the Juvenile Reception Center.
Police said he may be charged as an adult.
Madison police said the attack happened at 11 p.m. in the 2200 block of Winnebago Street as the 23-year-old victim was running in the area.
The victim suffered head injuries and was taken to a hospital.
Police credit tipsters with helping them track down the boy.
"Our victim in this case had the presence of mind to provide enough to provide enough of a description to us that we were able to generate a sketch, and after we put that sketch out we did get a number of tips," said Joel DeSpain, Madison Police Public Information officer.
- Police: Woman stabbed with scissors in neck by her boyfriend
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles