MADISON, Wis. - A Madison husband and wife accused of torturing and starving the man's teenage daughter are expected to enter pleas this week.
Prosecutors said Chad Chritton and Melinda Drabek-Chritton denied the 15-year-old girl food and forced her to live in the basement. Prosecutors have also accused the girl's stepbrother of sexually assaulting her.
The husband and wife are scheduled to enter pleas Monday afternoon to charges of reckless endangerment, child abuse and child neglect.
The stepbrother is scheduled to enter pleas to a child abuse charge and two sexual assault counts at the same proceeding.
The defense is arguing that the young girl was mentally ill and tried to harm herself.
Stay tuned to WISC-TV and Channel 3000 for continuing coverage.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1