MADISON, Wis. - Madison fire investigators said the burned materials found after an elementary school playground fire were arranged to spell the word "prom."
Firefighters were called to Randall Elementary School at 1802 Regent St. at 12:30 a.m. after a citizen called 911 to report a fire. Firefighters reported seeing heavy fire in an area approximately 50 by 30 feet.
After extinguishing the fire, firefighters found the word "prom" spelled out in burned material. They also found the remains of a mortar shell.
Playground equipment was damaged by the fire.
Residents with information about the fire are asked to call Crimestoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer