MADISON, Wis. - Madison fire investigators said the burned materials found after an elementary school playground fire were arranged to spell the word "prom."
Firefighters were called to Randall Elementary School at 1802 Regent St. at 12:30 a.m. after a citizen called 911 to report a fire. Firefighters reported seeing heavy fire in an area approximately 50 by 30 feet.
After extinguishing the fire, firefighters found the word "prom" spelled out in burned material. They also found the remains of a mortar shell.
Playground equipment was damaged by the fire.
Residents with information about the fire are asked to call Crimestoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend