MOUNT VERNON, Iowa - A 44-year-old Platteville woman and two children who were with her were hospitalized after a four-vehicle crash in eastern Iowa that killed two.
The Linn County Sheriff's Office identified those killed in the crash near Mount Vernon as 33-year-old David Hultquist and his passenger, 23-year-old Skyler Darrow, both of Martelle.
Deputies said the two were in a car stopped Monday in a construction zone on Iowa Highway 1 when it was hit in the rear by a sport utility vehicle driven by Kimberly Sargent of Platteville. Their car was pushed into the vehicle ahead, which was pushed into the vehicle ahead of it.
Deputies said the people in the other cars weren't injured.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls