MOUNT VERNON, Iowa - A 44-year-old Platteville woman and two children who were with her were hospitalized after a four-vehicle crash in eastern Iowa that killed two.
The Linn County Sheriff's Office identified those killed in the crash near Mount Vernon as 33-year-old David Hultquist and his passenger, 23-year-old Skyler Darrow, both of Martelle.
Deputies said the two were in a car stopped Monday in a construction zone on Iowa Highway 1 when it was hit in the rear by a sport utility vehicle driven by Kimberly Sargent of Platteville. Their car was pushed into the vehicle ahead, which was pushed into the vehicle ahead of it.
Deputies said the people in the other cars weren't injured.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes