PLATTEVILLE, Wis. - The Grant County Sheriff's Office said a woman was attacked outside her home Saturday evening.
Deputies responded at about 6:40 p.m. to a report of an assault that occurred at 5215 Classic Lane in the Township of Platteville.
The 49-year-old woman, who lives in Oak Park Trailer Park south of Platteville, had left her home to run some brief errands in town.
Upon returning home, she was attacked by a lone assailant as she walked from her vehicle to her front door, according to a Grant County Sheriff's Office news release.
During the attack, the victim was struck several times in the face and did her best to fight off the assailant, sheriff's officials said.
Seconds after the attack started, a vehicle entered the driveway to the trailer park and scared the assailant off, according to the release.
The victim ran into her house called 911 and waited for deputies to arrive.
The victim was later transported by private vehicle to Southwest Health Center in Platteville, where she was treated for her facial injuries.
Sheriff's officials said the attacker was described as a white man standing approximately 6 feet 6 inches tall who was wearing dark clothing and a ski mask. He was also described as having "a bit of a pot belly," according to sheriff's officials.
- Trump, Walker discuss dairy dispute in Wisconsin
- 6-year-old watching TV nearly struck by bullet, Madison police say
- Man injured in gunfire incident at Verona Road gas station
- Student stabbed, seriously wounded at Kenosha high school
- Sauk County man wins $53,000 lottery prize
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say