MADISON, Wis. - A Milwaukee-based company announced Tuesday they will collaborate with a Chicago-based firm to develop and construct a new student housing development on the former location of the Stadium Bar.
The Opus Group along with Harrison Street Real Estate Capital, LLC, a Chicago-based real estate investment management firm, will build Varsity Quarters, a new student housing development adjacent to the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, according to a release.
The housing development will be built at the former site of the Stadium Bar at 1423 Monroe Street, according to the release. The six-story private student housing development will include numerous amenities for tenants, including in-unit washers and dryers, parking for cars, bikes and mopeds, a fitness room, study rooms and a social/club room.
Officials said the development will include approximately 7,500 square feet of ground-floor retail space.
Groundbreaking is scheduled for this month and the building will be open for the 2014 school year.
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI