WONEWOC, Wis. - An Illinois man walked away with no injuries after crashing his plane into a swamp Monday afternoon.
According to a Juneau County Sheriff's Office statement, Seth Pripps of Rockford, Ill., crashed his single-engine Cessna plane in a swamp near Wonewoc Township.
Pripps called the Juneau County Communication Center and said he was not injured, but he was unable to leave the plane because of the level of water, according to the statement.
The Wonewoc Fire Department arrived with a rowboat and rescued Pripps from the plane, the statement said.
The Juneau County Sheriff's Office, the National Transportation Safety Board and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources are investigating the crash.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire