WONEWOC, Wis. - An Illinois man walked away with no injuries after crashing his plane into a swamp Monday afternoon.
According to a Juneau County Sheriff's Office statement, Seth Pripps of Rockford, Ill., crashed his single-engine Cessna plane in a swamp near Wonewoc Township.
Pripps called the Juneau County Communication Center and said he was not injured, but he was unable to leave the plane because of the level of water, according to the statement.
The Wonewoc Fire Department arrived with a rowboat and rescued Pripps from the plane, the statement said.
The Juneau County Sheriff's Office, the National Transportation Safety Board and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources are investigating the crash.
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later