BELOIT, Wis. - A pit bull was shot during an armed home invasion in Beloit Wednesday night, according to a release.
Beloit police responded to the 2100 block of Elmwood Avenue around 7:20 p.m. for reports of shots fired, officials said.
Officers said an armed home invasion occurred at the residence, and shots were reportedly fired during the incident.
Masked gunman allegedly entered the home and fled prior to police arrival, according to the release. A pit bull inside the home was killed by gunfire during the incident.
Police believe the home invasion was not a random act of violence.
There are no reported injuries to people who were inside the home at the time of the invasion, according to the release.
Police ask everyone to avoid the area as they continue to investigate the incident.
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer