BELOIT, Wis. - A pit bull was shot during an armed home invasion in Beloit Wednesday night, according to a release.
Beloit police responded to the 2100 block of Elmwood Avenue around 7:20 p.m. for reports of shots fired, officials said.
Officers said an armed home invasion occurred at the residence, and shots were reportedly fired during the incident.
Masked gunman allegedly entered the home and fled prior to police arrival, according to the release. A pit bull inside the home was killed by gunfire during the incident.
Police believe the home invasion was not a random act of violence.
There are no reported injuries to people who were inside the home at the time of the invasion, according to the release.
Police ask everyone to avoid the area as they continue to investigate the incident.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say