BELOIT, Wis. - A pit bull was shot during an armed home invasion in Beloit Wednesday night, according to a release.
Beloit police responded to the 2100 block of Elmwood Avenue around 7:20 p.m. for reports of shots fired, officials said.
Officers said an armed home invasion occurred at the residence, and shots were reportedly fired during the incident.
Masked gunman allegedly entered the home and fled prior to police arrival, according to the release. A pit bull inside the home was killed by gunfire during the incident.
Police believe the home invasion was not a random act of violence.
There are no reported injuries to people who were inside the home at the time of the invasion, according to the release.
Police ask everyone to avoid the area as they continue to investigate the incident.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs