CALEDONIA, Wis. - Caledonia police say a 15-month-old boy was taken to the hospital after a pit bull attacked him, apparently over a cookie.
Officers were called about an animal bite around 9:45 p.m. Wednesday. Police found the young boy with severe facial tears, puncture wounds and missing teeth.
Police say the boy was sitting on the kitchen floor eating a cookie. The pit bull apparently bit the child trying to get the cookie out of the boy's mouth.
The boy was taken to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee.
Police say the pit bull previously bit someone on the hand in 2009, requiring stitches.
The Journal Times reports the dog was turned over to the Wisconsin Humane Society. Police say the owner is not facing any charges but the investigation continues.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK