CALEDONIA, Wis. - Caledonia police say a 15-month-old boy was taken to the hospital after a pit bull attacked him, apparently over a cookie.
Officers were called about an animal bite around 9:45 p.m. Wednesday. Police found the young boy with severe facial tears, puncture wounds and missing teeth.
Police say the boy was sitting on the kitchen floor eating a cookie. The pit bull apparently bit the child trying to get the cookie out of the boy's mouth.
The boy was taken to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee.
Police say the pit bull previously bit someone on the hand in 2009, requiring stitches.
The Journal Times reports the dog was turned over to the Wisconsin Humane Society. Police say the owner is not facing any charges but the investigation continues.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls