MILWAUKEE - The Coast Guard is identifying the pilot killed when his plane crashed into Lake Michigan near Milwaukee.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Sunday that the pilot was William Gensler of Racine. He and another middle-aged male were pulled from the plane after it crashed into the lake off the suburb of Cudahy on Saturday afternoon.
The identity of the other man has not been released. The plane was found beneath 42 feet of water. It departed from Racine's Batten International Airport.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner will perform autopsies of the two men.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK