MILWAUKEE - The Coast Guard is identifying the pilot killed when his plane crashed into Lake Michigan near Milwaukee.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Sunday that the pilot was William Gensler of Racine. He and another middle-aged male were pulled from the plane after it crashed into the lake off the suburb of Cudahy on Saturday afternoon.
The identity of the other man has not been released. The plane was found beneath 42 feet of water. It departed from Racine's Batten International Airport.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner will perform autopsies of the two men.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs