MILWAUKEE - The Coast Guard is identifying the pilot killed when his plane crashed into Lake Michigan near Milwaukee.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Sunday that the pilot was William Gensler of Racine. He and another middle-aged male were pulled from the plane after it crashed into the lake off the suburb of Cudahy on Saturday afternoon.
The identity of the other man has not been released. The plane was found beneath 42 feet of water. It departed from Racine's Batten International Airport.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner will perform autopsies of the two men.
- Wisconsin faces construction worker shortage as home building projects increase
- Prosecutor says no water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road