MILWAUKEE - The Coast Guard is identifying the pilot killed when his plane crashed into Lake Michigan near Milwaukee.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Sunday that the pilot was William Gensler of Racine. He and another middle-aged male were pulled from the plane after it crashed into the lake off the suburb of Cudahy on Saturday afternoon.
The identity of the other man has not been released. The plane was found beneath 42 feet of water. It departed from Racine's Batten International Airport.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner will perform autopsies of the two men.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement