TOWN OF DEERFIELD, Wis. - Numerous pigs were killed in a fire that destroyed three sheds in the town of Deerfield on Thursday.
Firefighters from Lake Mills and Deerfield were called to 168 Fair Oaks Road at 8:55 p.m. for a report of a shed fire. Firefighters found three 20 x 30-foot detached sheds fully engulfed when they arrived.
One of the sheds contained several pigs which died in the fire. The other two sheds contained equipment.19724872
The sheds and their contents are considered total losses, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
A heat lamp used inside one of the sheds is believed to be the cause of the fire.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees