TOWN OF DEERFIELD, Wis. - Numerous pigs were killed in a fire that destroyed three sheds in the town of Deerfield on Thursday.
Firefighters from Lake Mills and Deerfield were called to 168 Fair Oaks Road at 8:55 p.m. for a report of a shed fire. Firefighters found three 20 x 30-foot detached sheds fully engulfed when they arrived.
One of the sheds contained several pigs which died in the fire. The other two sheds contained equipment.19724872
The sheds and their contents are considered total losses, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
A heat lamp used inside one of the sheds is believed to be the cause of the fire.
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say