The domestic partner of one of Gov. Scott Walker's top aides when he was Milwaukee County executive is set to be sentenced on a misdemeanor charge.
Brian Pierick was initially charged with felony child enticement and causing a child to expose his genitals. It was in connection with text messages he sent to a 17-year-old Waukesha boy in 2010. The evidence was uncovered during a secret investigation of the county executive's office when Walker held that post between 2002 and 2010.
Under a deal with prosecutors last month, Pierick pleaded no contest to a lesser charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
He agreed to complete 50 hours of community service. Prosecutors are also expected to recommend a fine of up to $10,000 at the sentencing Thursday morning.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral