The domestic partner of one of Gov. Scott Walker's top aides when he was Milwaukee County executive is set to be sentenced on a misdemeanor charge.
Brian Pierick was initially charged with felony child enticement and causing a child to expose his genitals. It was in connection with text messages he sent to a 17-year-old Waukesha boy in 2010. The evidence was uncovered during a secret investigation of the county executive's office when Walker held that post between 2002 and 2010.
Under a deal with prosecutors last month, Pierick pleaded no contest to a lesser charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
He agreed to complete 50 hours of community service. Prosecutors are also expected to recommend a fine of up to $10,000 at the sentencing Thursday morning.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry