MADISON, Wis. - Barnes and Noble hosted Madison's 21st annual "Key Up for Kids" piano concert Saturday.
More than 200 children and adults displayed their talents for a crowd at the concert lasting all day.
The sponsor of the event, Madison Area Friends for Piano, collected pledges to be donated to American Family Children's Hospital in support of patients and their families.
Several players donated their time and piano skills to show support for the hospital that they have a close connection with.
"Quite a few of the players have been patients here, and that's in fact why one of the students comes from Stevens Point," volunteer Renee Farley said. "They have fond memories of being at the Children's Hospital and come back in that regard to support this event."
The organization expected to raise nearly $10,000 through the players' pledges and other donations to the concert.
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say