MADISON, Wis. - Barnes and Noble hosted Madison's 21st annual "Key Up for Kids" piano concert Saturday.
More than 200 children and adults displayed their talents for a crowd at the concert lasting all day.
The sponsor of the event, Madison Area Friends for Piano, collected pledges to be donated to American Family Children's Hospital in support of patients and their families.
Several players donated their time and piano skills to show support for the hospital that they have a close connection with.
"Quite a few of the players have been patients here, and that's in fact why one of the students comes from Stevens Point," volunteer Renee Farley said. "They have fond memories of being at the Children's Hospital and come back in that regard to support this event."
The organization expected to raise nearly $10,000 through the players' pledges and other donations to the concert.
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US