LA CROSSE, Wis. - We had our first big Mayfly hatch of the season Sunday night.
The video shown above was shot in downtown La Crosse.
The hatch was so large you could see it on radar maps. The bugs are harmless and they're actually a sign of a healthy river because they can only reproduce in areas with high-quality water.
How would you like to get some cash from this ATM? Thanks to Ryan Hollis for sending this picture from La Crescent.
Mayfly hatch in Trempealeau from Saturday night. Thanks to Kelly for the picture.
Mayfly hatch as seen from Trempealeau on Saturday night from Joshua Hanson.
The Mayfly hatch was so large it could be seen on radar.
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005
- Police have identified hit-and-run driver
- Forged letter criticzes local police chief