LA CROSSE, Wis. - We had our first big Mayfly hatch of the season Sunday night.
The video shown above was shot in downtown La Crosse.
The hatch was so large you could see it on radar maps. The bugs are harmless and they're actually a sign of a healthy river because they can only reproduce in areas with high-quality water.
How would you like to get some cash from this ATM? Thanks to Ryan Hollis for sending this picture from La Crescent.
Mayfly hatch in Trempealeau from Saturday night. Thanks to Kelly for the picture.
Mayfly hatch as seen from Trempealeau on Saturday night from Joshua Hanson.
The Mayfly hatch was so large it could be seen on radar.
- Silver Alert helps prevent tragedy
- Former Badger inspires thousands of fellow veterans to join disaster relief through nonprofit
- Statewide silver alert for missing Glendale woman
- Wisconsin ex-doctor acquitted of over-prescribing narcotics
- Wisconsin women create new app for caregivers of kids with disabilities
- Window of hope widens for stroke patients