LA CROSSE, Wis. - We had our first big Mayfly hatch of the season Sunday night.
The video shown above was shot in downtown La Crosse.
The hatch was so large you could see it on radar maps. The bugs are harmless and they're actually a sign of a healthy river because they can only reproduce in areas with high-quality water.
How would you like to get some cash from this ATM? Thanks to Ryan Hollis for sending this picture from La Crescent.
Mayfly hatch in Trempealeau from Saturday night. Thanks to Kelly for the picture.
Mayfly hatch as seen from Trempealeau on Saturday night from Joshua Hanson.
The Mayfly hatch was so large it could be seen on radar.
- Best of Madison 2017
- Fate of the historic Monterey Dam is still up for discussion
- Taking time off, staying close to home is beneficial to work, life, expert says
- DCHS partners with other shelters to rescue 49 dogs from former breeder
- Delays expected on Beltline during daytime lane closures, DOT says
- Police find shell casings, property damage on west side