SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - A petition has been started to keep the Sun Prairie Fire Department as a volunteer agency.
The petition is on the website change.org and is directed towards the City's mayor and council.
Earlier Monday night, more than 125 people had signed it.
Last week the City Council voted to create a city-run department replacing their volunteer-run agency, which has been in operation for 122 years.
Those in favor of the change say the city has grown too big for a volunteer department.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK