MADISON, Wis. - Dane County and Mounds Pet Food Warehouse raised $20,000 to be donated to the Henry Vilas Zoo Animal Warehouse fund, according to a release from the Dane County Executive's Office.
According to the release, five stores competed by creating unique displays in each store during the month of May to raise the money.
The Middleton location raised the most, earning employees with a behind-the-scenes-tour of the zoo.
According to the release, the money will be used to purchase toys and materials to keep animals happy and healthy.
Mounds and Dane County partnered in 2011 for the same cause. They raised $18,000 that year.
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick