MADISON, Wis. - Dane County and Mounds Pet Food Warehouse raised $20,000 to be donated to the Henry Vilas Zoo Animal Warehouse fund, according to a release from the Dane County Executive's Office.
According to the release, five stores competed by creating unique displays in each store during the month of May to raise the money.
The Middleton location raised the most, earning employees with a behind-the-scenes-tour of the zoo.
According to the release, the money will be used to purchase toys and materials to keep animals happy and healthy.
Mounds and Dane County partnered in 2011 for the same cause. They raised $18,000 that year.
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Eau Claire TV station owner sues over duo's on-air prank
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Door County trees chomped by invasive bugs
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash