JANESVILLE, Wis. - The man Dane County investigators say is a person of interest in the murder of a Mazomanie woman was in Rock County court facing other charges.
Phillip Byrd appeared over video conference from the Rock County Jail Tuesday.
The 39-year-old faces charges for drug possession, as well as felony bail jumping.
Sheriff's deputies continue to investigate the Feb. 23 murder of Cheryl Gilberg.
A criminal complaint said that a bottle of amphetamine prescribed to Gilberg was also found along with prescriptions belonging to Byrd when authorities searched a home in Janesville.
Investigators said Byrd has not been charged, and is one of many people they've spoken with.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral