JANESVILLE, Wis. - The man Dane County investigators say is a person of interest in the murder of a Mazomanie woman was in Rock County court facing other charges.
Phillip Byrd appeared over video conference from the Rock County Jail Tuesday.
The 39-year-old faces charges for drug possession, as well as felony bail jumping.
Sheriff's deputies continue to investigate the Feb. 23 murder of Cheryl Gilberg.
A criminal complaint said that a bottle of amphetamine prescribed to Gilberg was also found along with prescriptions belonging to Byrd when authorities searched a home in Janesville.
Investigators said Byrd has not been charged, and is one of many people they've spoken with.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program