MIDDLETON, Wis. - A woman was sent to the hospital following a crash in Middleton early Friday morning.
According to Middleton police, an 87-year-old Richland Center man driving eastbound on University Avenue ran a red light at the intersection with Bristol Street just before 8 a.m. A female pedestrian was taken to the hospital by ambulance with a number of broken bones.
Police are asking anyone that witnessed the collision to call police at 608-824-7300.
The driver was cited for failure to stop for a traffic signal.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral