TOWN OF LAVALLE, Wis. - A pedestrian was struck by a vehicle and flown to UW Hospital Wednesday afternoon, according to a release from the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said a 35-year-old man was walking east on the shoulder of eastbound State Highway 33 west of County Road V when he suddenly turned to cross the road. An eastbound vehicle driven by a 26-year-old woman didn't have enough time to react to avoid hitting the man, according to the report. Deputies said the man didn't see the vehicle coming.
The man was flown to UW Hospital in Madison with serious injuries.
Deputies said alcohol and speed were not factors in the crash.
The Sauk County Accident Reconstruction Team, LaValle Fire Department and EMS and Reedsburg EMS assisted at the scene.
- Attorney says officer 'hung out to dry' in settlement
- Lawmakers, group calling on governor to improve schools' drinking water
- Community reacts to Tony Robinson case settlement
- Capitol Petro shooter to spend 10 years in prison
- Former federal prison employee sentenced for bringing contraband to inmates
- DNA leads to Janesville arrest in 2000 rape case, police say