STOUGHTON, Wis. - The woman who died after being hit by a motor vehicle in Stoughton Monday morning has been identified, officials said.
Marquerite T. Clarke, 76, of Stoughton, died after being hit by an SUV on North Page Street at West Wilson Street in Stoughton, according to a release.
Officials said they were called about crash Monday around 11 a.m.
Witnesses were performing cardio cerebral resuscitation on a pedestrian involved in the crash, according to the release. EMS took over, continued CCR and transported the victim to Stoughton Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 11:35 a.m.
Officials said a preliminary investigation revealed that a 2009 Buick Enclave driven by Dennis E. Radecke, 68, of Stoughton, was traveling northbound on North Page Street when it struck Clarke in the crosswalk at West Wilson Street.
Radecke refused medical attention at the scene and was wearing a seat belt, according to the release.
The crash is still under investigation.
Alcohol and speed do not appear to be factors in the crash, officials said.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry