STOUGHTON, Wis. - The woman who died after being hit by a motor vehicle in Stoughton Monday morning has been identified, officials said.
Marquerite T. Clarke, 76, of Stoughton, died after being hit by an SUV on North Page Street at West Wilson Street in Stoughton, according to a release.
Officials said they were called about crash Monday around 11 a.m.
Witnesses were performing cardio cerebral resuscitation on a pedestrian involved in the crash, according to the release. EMS took over, continued CCR and transported the victim to Stoughton Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 11:35 a.m.
Officials said a preliminary investigation revealed that a 2009 Buick Enclave driven by Dennis E. Radecke, 68, of Stoughton, was traveling northbound on North Page Street when it struck Clarke in the crosswalk at West Wilson Street.
Radecke refused medical attention at the scene and was wearing a seat belt, according to the release.
The crash is still under investigation.
Alcohol and speed do not appear to be factors in the crash, officials said.
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown
- Real-looking starter pistol held to man's head in planned robbery, police say
- PD: Suspected drunken driver goes for officer's gun, injures 2 officers
- Deputies: Couple caught stealing coats may be connected to other thefts