STOUGHTON, Wis. - The woman who died after being hit by a motor vehicle in Stoughton Monday morning has been identified, officials said.
Marquerite T. Clarke, 76, of Stoughton, died after being hit by an SUV on North Page Street at West Wilson Street in Stoughton, according to a release.
Officials said they were called about crash Monday around 11 a.m.
Witnesses were performing cardio cerebral resuscitation on a pedestrian involved in the crash, according to the release. EMS took over, continued CCR and transported the victim to Stoughton Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 11:35 a.m.
Officials said a preliminary investigation revealed that a 2009 Buick Enclave driven by Dennis E. Radecke, 68, of Stoughton, was traveling northbound on North Page Street when it struck Clarke in the crosswalk at West Wilson Street.
Radecke refused medical attention at the scene and was wearing a seat belt, according to the release.
The crash is still under investigation.
Alcohol and speed do not appear to be factors in the crash, officials said.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire