MCFARLAND, Wis. - A 63-year-old Madison area man was killed by a train near McFarland early Thursday morning, according to McFarland police.
Police were called to the area of Taylor Road and Ridge Road at 12:02 a.m. for a report of a person who had been hit by a train. Emergency responders found the man dead.
The police department said the preliminary investigation suggests the death was a suicide. The man was on a part of the tracks that was not near a crossing for pedestrians or vehicles.
Police do not suspect foul play.
The identity of the man is being withheld pending the notification of family members.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say