MCFARLAND, Wis. - A 63-year-old Madison area man was killed by a train near McFarland early Thursday morning, according to McFarland police.
Police were called to the area of Taylor Road and Ridge Road at 12:02 a.m. for a report of a person who had been hit by a train. Emergency responders found the man dead.
The police department said the preliminary investigation suggests the death was a suicide. The man was on a part of the tracks that was not near a crossing for pedestrians or vehicles.
Police do not suspect foul play.
The identity of the man is being withheld pending the notification of family members.
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration