JANESVILLE, Wis. - A vehicle kept on driving after hitting and injuring a pedestrian on Highway 51 Wednesday night, according to a release.
Darren K. Hayes, 46, was walking southbound on South Highway 51 around 6:15 p.m. when he was hit by a vehicle also driving southbound, according to the release.
Hayes was walking in the far right southbound lane in the 2600 block of South Highway 51, officials said. He did not see the vehicle that hit him, but told police it continued on Highway 51 without stopping.
Hayes suffered a substantial injury to his leg, but was able to dial 911 from his cellphone, according to the release. He was unable to move from the roadway until police and paramedics arrived.
Officials do not have information on a suspect vehicle, but are asking anyone with information on the incident to contact the Janesville Police Department at 608-755-3100.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns