MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was arrested Thursday after witnesses said she helped fuel a fight between teens and kicked one of them in the head, officials said.
Police responded around 3:55 p.m. to the 2200 block of East Johnson Street for reports of a disturbance, according to a release.
Two girls, both 14 years old, were punching each other in a parking lot when 33-year-old Adrianna A. Boyd, who knows one of the 14-year-olds, started encouraging the girls to keep fighting, police said.
The other 14-year-old girl said she ended up on the ground with Boyd and the original attacker kicking her in the head, according to the release.
The 14-year-old victim suffered facial injuries. The other 14-year-old was cited for battery and disorderly conduct.
Boyd was tentative charges of physical abuse of a child and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
According to the release, Boyd admitted she encouraged the fighting, but denied getting involved.
- Richland Center man faces OWI, drug charges
- Four injured in early-morning shooting
- Crews battle roof fire at McFarland cold storage facility
- Janesville high school holds safety workshop for girls
- James Brown's 'Funky Drummer' Clyde Stubblefield dies at 73
- Despite warm temps, Winter Fest, Polar Plunge continue as scheduled