MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was arrested Thursday after witnesses said she helped fuel a fight between teens and kicked one of them in the head, officials said.
Police responded around 3:55 p.m. to the 2200 block of East Johnson Street for reports of a disturbance, according to a release.
Two girls, both 14 years old, were punching each other in a parking lot when 33-year-old Adrianna A. Boyd, who knows one of the 14-year-olds, started encouraging the girls to keep fighting, police said.
The other 14-year-old girl said she ended up on the ground with Boyd and the original attacker kicking her in the head, according to the release.
The 14-year-old victim suffered facial injuries. The other 14-year-old was cited for battery and disorderly conduct.
Boyd was tentative charges of physical abuse of a child and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
According to the release, Boyd admitted she encouraged the fighting, but denied getting involved.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees