WARRENS, Wis. - Two Oregon men were injured in a single-vehicle accident in Monroe County.
The Wisconsin State Patrol said a GMC Sierra truck was westbound on Interstate 94 at about 12:36 p.m. Saturday near Warrens, Wis. Witnesses told state troopers a tire blew on the pickup and it began to fishtail.
The driver lost control and the truck went through the median and into the eastbound lanes, where it rolled over and came to rest on its roof. The driver was ejected and the passenger was extricated by passers-by.
The truck then burst into flames, according to the report. Responding EMS units extinguished the fire.
The driver and passenger were taken to Gundersen Lutheran Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Both men are 36 years old.
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say