MADISON, Wis. - A man who collapsed at a Madison park on Tuesday was saved by a police officer and a passerby, according to a release from Madison police.
The 47-year-old man collapsed at James Madison Park at 1:16 p.m. from what's believed to have been a heart attack.
A 39-year-old man and a bicycle police officer used continuous chest compressions (CCR) until paramedics arrived and took the stricken man to a hospital.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls