WATERTOWN, Wis. - Officials said a man died from injuries he received Monday after the car he was riding in struck a deer.
Wisconsin State Patrol said a Ford Crown Victoria was traveling in the left lane of eastbound Interstate 94 near Watertown at 11:32 a.m. when a deer crossed the car's path.
According to the report, the car struck the deer head-on near mile marker 267. The deer flew onto the hood and smashed through the windshield, injuring the 53-year-old driver, Joyce Running. David Running, 54, was in the passenger seat.
They were both from Eau Claire. They were taken to a local hospital where David Running subsequently died as a result of injuries received.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers