WATERTOWN, Wis. - Officials said a man died from injuries he received Monday after the car he was riding in struck a deer.
Wisconsin State Patrol said a Ford Crown Victoria was traveling in the left lane of eastbound Interstate 94 near Watertown at 11:32 a.m. when a deer crossed the car's path.
According to the report, the car struck the deer head-on near mile marker 267. The deer flew onto the hood and smashed through the windshield, injuring the 53-year-old driver, Joyce Running. David Running, 54, was in the passenger seat.
They were both from Eau Claire. They were taken to a local hospital where David Running subsequently died as a result of injuries received.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land