WATERTOWN, Wis. - Officials said a man died from injuries he received Monday after the car he was riding in struck a deer.
Wisconsin State Patrol said a Ford Crown Victoria was traveling in the left lane of eastbound Interstate 94 near Watertown at 11:32 a.m. when a deer crossed the car's path.
According to the report, the car struck the deer head-on near mile marker 267. The deer flew onto the hood and smashed through the windshield, injuring the 53-year-old driver, Joyce Running. David Running, 54, was in the passenger seat.
They were both from Eau Claire. They were taken to a local hospital where David Running subsequently died as a result of injuries received.
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 reopens near Blue Mounds after semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound