PARK FALLS, Wis. - The husband of a woman found dead Thursday in Price County is in custody on tentative murder charges, state authorities said.
Park Falls Police Department and the Department of Justice Division of Criminal Investigation said in a joint news release Friday that 46-year-old William R. Rambo was arrested Thursday night in connection with the death of Dawn R. Rambo, 37.
DCI said on Thursday, at about 5:21 p.m., Park Falls officers responded to an "unknown problem" at the 200 block of Second Avenue North in the city of Park Falls.
Officers found a woman, identified as Dawn Rambo, of Park Falls, who had sustained multiple stab wounds, authorities said. Officers transported the woman to Flambeau Hospital in Park Falls, where she was later pronounced dead.
The Department of Justice said the charge of first-degree intentional homicide is expected to be referred to the Price County District Attorney's Office.
DCI said the investigation is ongoing pending the filing of criminal charges.
Park Falls Police Department said Price County Sheriff's Department, Park Falls Fire and Rescue Department, Price County Coroner's Office, Wisconsin State Patrol, State of Wisconsin Department of Justice - Division of Criminal Investigation and Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory assisted in the investigation.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing