MADISON, Wis. - Two teenage sisters and their younger siblings were taken out of their home and their parents were arrested and charged after reports of abuse, according to Madison police.
Kevin Knight and Jacqueline Palmer are both in jail. Knight is charged with two counts of physical abuse of a child and Palmer is charged with two counts of failure to act on that abuse.
Dane County Human Services notified police Monday about the alleged abuse of the two teenage girls. There were two younger siblings also in the Camden Road home.
Police said the parents abused the older girls over the course of several years. The abuse included repeated lashings with a belt and an electrical cord, according to police.
The children told police they were instructed to lie if asked about their injuries.Parents arrested and charged after teens report abuse
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says