WAUKEGAN, Ill. - Sambath Pal, the man facing two felony counts of hit-and-run resulting in death has waived extradition before a judge in Lake County, Illinois.
The 24-year-old Pal stood before Judge Raymond Collins and when asked if was willing to return to Wisconsin to face charges, replied, "Yes sir."
Pal was arrested in connection with the hit-and-run deaths of 24-year-old Mitchell Vance and 18-year-old Devin Julius. Both died when the motorcycles they were riding were hit on Easter Sunday in Janesville.
Pal was arrested four days later in Park City, Illinois. Investigators located Pal after receiving a tip in the case from Pal's father.
Pal will be returned to Rock County within 30 days to face charges in the case.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire