WAUKEGAN, Ill. - Sambath Pal, the man facing two felony counts of hit-and-run resulting in death has waived extradition before a judge in Lake County, Illinois.
The 24-year-old Pal stood before Judge Raymond Collins and when asked if was willing to return to Wisconsin to face charges, replied, "Yes sir."
Pal was arrested in connection with the hit-and-run deaths of 24-year-old Mitchell Vance and 18-year-old Devin Julius. Both died when the motorcycles they were riding were hit on Easter Sunday in Janesville.
Pal was arrested four days later in Park City, Illinois. Investigators located Pal after receiving a tip in the case from Pal's father.
Pal will be returned to Rock County within 30 days to face charges in the case.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers