GREEN BAY, Wis. - The Green Bay Packers raised more than $100,000 for the hungry, just by scoring touchdowns.
During the regular season, Sargento donated $1,000 to the Wisconsin Hunger Task Force and $500 to Paul's Pantry in Green Bay for each of the Packer's 53 touchdowns scored.
Sargento doubled the touchdown contributions in the postseason, resulting in an additional $21,000 donation on seven TDs.
In total, Sargento donated $67,000 to the Wisconsin Hunger Task Force and $33,500 to Paul's Pantry.
Sargento has contributed $920,500 to the two Wisconsin food charities over the last 10 years of the "Touchdowns for Charity" program.
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline