GREEN BAY, Wis. - The Green Bay Packers raised more than $100,000 for the hungry, just by scoring touchdowns.
During the regular season, Sargento donated $1,000 to the Wisconsin Hunger Task Force and $500 to Paul's Pantry in Green Bay for each of the Packer's 53 touchdowns scored.
Sargento doubled the touchdown contributions in the postseason, resulting in an additional $21,000 donation on seven TDs.
In total, Sargento donated $67,000 to the Wisconsin Hunger Task Force and $33,500 to Paul's Pantry.
Sargento has contributed $920,500 to the two Wisconsin food charities over the last 10 years of the "Touchdowns for Charity" program.
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out