MADISON, Wis. - Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson will star in a new Wisconsin fall tourism ad.
The state Department of Tourism says Nelson and his wife, Emily, will appear in the commercial, directed by Wisconsin native Jerry Zucker.
The Greater Green Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau will hold a premiere party at the Meyer Theater in Green Bay on Aug. 1. The ad will start running in Milwaukee, the Twin Cities and Chicago on Sept. 9.
State Tourism officials say Nelson also plans to write a monthly blog during the football season for TravelWisconsin.com and appear at the Governor's Conference on Tourism next March in Lake Geneva.
Zucker directed "Airplane!" with his brother, David Zucker, who has directed two previous Wisconsin tourism ads.
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program
- Woman jumps from balcony to escape fire
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison