MADISON, Wis. - Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson will star in a new Wisconsin fall tourism ad.
The state Department of Tourism says Nelson and his wife, Emily, will appear in the commercial, directed by Wisconsin native Jerry Zucker.
The Greater Green Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau will hold a premiere party at the Meyer Theater in Green Bay on Aug. 1. The ad will start running in Milwaukee, the Twin Cities and Chicago on Sept. 9.
State Tourism officials say Nelson also plans to write a monthly blog during the football season for TravelWisconsin.com and appear at the Governor's Conference on Tourism next March in Lake Geneva.
Zucker directed "Airplane!" with his brother, David Zucker, who has directed two previous Wisconsin tourism ads.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire