MADISON, Wis. - Green Bay Packers head Coach Mike McCarthy and his wife, Jessica, raised more than $425,000 for American Family Children's Hospital on Monday.
The couple has hosted the McCarthy Golf Invitational for the past five years, according to a release. In the first four years, the event raised more than $825,000 for the children's hospital. With this year's total, the McCarthy family has raised more than $1.2 million.
"Our family is committed to American Family Children's Hospital patients and families for the long term," said Mike McCarthy, whose family has made American Family Children's Hospital their legacy charity. "We're gratified to have the generous support of the community."
McCarthy was one of the honorary chairs of the Sick Kids Can't Wait campaign focused on raising money to build a new imaging pavilion designed for children, a Level IV neonatal intensive care unit, and a universal care unit on the newly opened eighth floor.
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK