MADISON, Wis. - Green Bay Packers head Coach Mike McCarthy and his wife, Jessica, raised more than $425,000 for American Family Children's Hospital on Monday.
The couple has hosted the McCarthy Golf Invitational for the past five years, according to a release. In the first four years, the event raised more than $825,000 for the children's hospital. With this year's total, the McCarthy family has raised more than $1.2 million.
"Our family is committed to American Family Children's Hospital patients and families for the long term," said Mike McCarthy, whose family has made American Family Children's Hospital their legacy charity. "We're gratified to have the generous support of the community."
McCarthy was one of the honorary chairs of the Sick Kids Can't Wait campaign focused on raising money to build a new imaging pavilion designed for children, a Level IV neonatal intensive care unit, and a universal care unit on the newly opened eighth floor.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter