MADISON, Wis. - The Green Bay Packers selected former Badger Jared Abbrederis with the 176th pick in the 2014 NFL draft Saturday.
Wide receiver Abbrederis finished his career with the Badgers tied for the school record for receptions with 202 and ranked second all-time at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in receiving yards and touchdown receptions.
Abbrederis won the 2013 Burlsworth Trophy as the nation's top player who began his career as a walk on, according to the Badgers.
Abbrederis is from Wautoma, Wis.
- Study shows Wisconsin poverty rate reached new low in 2015
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Brat Fest carnival to close early Sunday after late night fights
- Car rolls over into residential home's front lawn
- Janesville police investigate first homicide since 2014
- Fort Atkinson man arrested for sixth OWI