TOWN OF LAPRAIRIE, Wis. - A man suspected of fifth-offense operating while intoxicated was found slumped over the steering wheel of a car parked at the end of a driveway, according to a release from the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said they found Michael P. Freet, 55, of the town of Rock, in a car parked diagonally at the end of a driveway in the 4700 block of County Road G in the town of LaPrairie just before noon on Friday.
The car was partially on the shoulder of the road, according to deputies.
Freet was arrested after the deputy noticed the presence of alcohol.
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK