TOWN OF WESTPORT, Wis. - A two-car crash in the town of Westport late Monday night sent three people to the hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Department.
The crash happened at the corner of County Highway M and Willow Road in the town of Westport around 10:20 p.m. Monday.
According to the sheriff's department, Darren Burgette, 25, of Madison failed to yield when he made a left turn off Highway M onto Willow, striking a car going eastbound on County Highway M.
Deputies said the driver of the car, Chance Pagel, 26, of Madison, and his passenger Elessandra Hamre-Tamayo, of Middleton, were both taken and admitted to UW Hospital. Burgette was also taken and admitted to UW Hospital as well.
Burgette faces numerous charges, including operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowski traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say