TOWN OF NEWARK, Wis. - An overturned semitrailer resulted in injuries for the driver and a three-hour road closure in Rock County on Friday.
The Rock County Sheriff's Office said the semi was traveling west on Highway 81 west of County Road H in the town of Newark when the 65-year-old driver failed to negotiate a curve. The semi traveled into a ditch, struck a field access and overturned, according to deputies.
The driver was taken to Beloit Memorial Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Speed is not believed to be a factor but the driver was cited on suspicion of failing to maintain control of the vehicle.
Highway 81 was closed and detoured from 9:05 a.m. until 11:51 a.m.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap