TOWN OF NEWARK, Wis. - An overturned semitrailer resulted in injuries for the driver and a three-hour road closure in Rock County on Friday.
The Rock County Sheriff's Office said the semi was traveling west on Highway 81 west of County Road H in the town of Newark when the 65-year-old driver failed to negotiate a curve. The semi traveled into a ditch, struck a field access and overturned, according to deputies.
The driver was taken to Beloit Memorial Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Speed is not believed to be a factor but the driver was cited on suspicion of failing to maintain control of the vehicle.
Highway 81 was closed and detoured from 9:05 a.m. until 11:51 a.m.
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists