No one was hurt early Tuesday morning after a fire caused severe damage to a Sun Prairie home.
Two people and a dog were in the house when the fire began. They all got out unharmed.
Dispatchers received a call around 3:30 a.m. that the house on the 1700 block of Colony Circle was fully engulfed in flames.
It took crews 20 minutes to knock down the fire. They remained on the scene for several hours to clean up the water.
"There's extensive damage to pretty much every room in the house," Lt. Les McBurney with the Sun Prairie Fire Department said. "The garage is in probably about the best shape right now. As far as the content of the house, I can't say there'll be much to salvage."
Fire officials said the fire began at the back of the house and the whole backside is burnt down.
Sun Prairie Fire Department called for assistance to battle the house fire. Deforest, Madison, Waunakee and the Dane County Airport fire crews responded.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead